TAMPA (WFLA) – Waffle House announced Wednesday that it will be closing nearly 60 more restaurants as COVID-19 cases grow across the United States.
The beloved Georgia-based chain known for staying open 24 hours a day all year long, will be temporarily shuttering 418 locations.
As of now only 1,574 are slated to remain open as of Wednesday. If you have a deep hunger for biscuits and gravy or a pecan waffle, customers are encouraged to call in carryout orders.
Visit Waffle House’s website for specific restaurant details.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa Bay area doctors warn of graduation party danger amid rise in COVID-19 cases among teens
- Disney theme parks take $3.5 billion hit due to coronavirus
- Florida Education Association asks judge for temporary injunction to delay start of school statewide this fall
- Tampa Bay deaf community facing challenges amid mask mandates
- USF, UCF, UF among top 10 colleges with most coronavirus cases reported