TAMPA (WFLA) – Waffle House announced Wednesday that it will be closing nearly 60 more restaurants as COVID-19 cases grow across the United States.
The beloved Georgia-based chain known for staying open 24 hours a day all year long, will be temporarily shuttering 418 locations.
As of now only 1,574 are slated to remain open as of Wednesday. If you have a deep hunger for biscuits and gravy or a pecan waffle, customers are encouraged to call in carryout orders.
Visit Waffle House’s website for specific restaurant details.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Returning to the workplace? How to navigate the anxiety-inducing transition
- Fauci: CDC may back wearing face masks more, even for vaccinated people
- ‘Beyond persuasion’: Most unvaccinated Americans likely won’t get shots, poll finds
- Is asking about someone’s COVID vaccine status a HIPAA violation?
- Conservative talk show host Phil Valentine hospitalized with COVID; family urges others to get vaccinated