TAMPA (WFLA) – The University of South Florida has announced that spring graduates will be able to participate during summer commencement and they will host a “virtual commencement ceremony” in May.
USF says the virtual ceremonies would take place on Saturday, May 9 and would feature remarks from each USF campus student body president as well as other university leaders.
USF said in a press release that summer graduation ceremony plans are “contingent upon guidance we receive from federal, state, and local government and public health officials.”
Final ceremony times and college ceremony assignments for summer commencement will be announced soon. Students who wish to attend the August ceremonies are asked to complete this survey.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Hillsborough County seniors prepare to receive COVID-19 vaccine as new vaccine site opens this week
- ‘Come with me if you want to live’: Schwarzenegger gets COVID vaccine, urges others to follow suit
- Hillsborough County to resume giving seniors COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow
- Sarasota, Manatee counties to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 1.6 million cases, 454 new hospitalizations