(CNN) – United Airlines says it will start blacklisting passengers who refuse to wear face masks.
The airline plans to roll out the new policy on Thursday.
It will require flight attendants to ask passengers whose faces are not covered to use a mask. Those passengers will be offered a mask if they don’t have their own.
But if they still say “no”, their names could be put on an internal restriction list when they reach their destination.
And after that, United flights could be off-limits to those passengers, at least for a while.
American Airlines announced a similar policy Monday night.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Front slowly passing this weekend with breezy winds and a few storms
- Student forced to leave football game because of Black Lives Matter shirt
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021