ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) – The alcohol beverage license at a bar near the University of Central Florida has been suspended after employees and patrons test positive for the coronavirus.
Officials say 13 employees and at least 28 patrons of The Knight’s Pub have tested positive for COVID-19.
According to officials, contact tracing by the Florida Department of Health helped identify the patrons who visited the bar.
The Department can pull the license of a business if it finds there is an immediate serious danger to public health.
It also noted The Knight’s Pub failed to enforce any of the required social distancing protections.
The license has been removed until further notice.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Pfizer, Moderna to expand vaccine trials in children ages 5-11 at FDA request, report says
- VA mandates COVID-19 vaccination for health care workers
- ‘We are in crisis mode’ Orange County Mayor Demings urges vaccinations as virus cases surge
- California, New York City to require proof of vaccination for public workers
- Future of masks uncertain as health experts warn of 4th COVID-19 wave