(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – Uber drivers and riders will need to start wearing face coverings soon.
Uber executives decided it will require face coverings when using the platform in certain countries, including the United States.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
The requirement is expected to be rolled out in the coming weeks.
Uber said it is also in the process of developing technology to hold drivers and riders accountable.
The company said it’s trying to get masks to drivers as soon as possible, but that it may take some time because supplies are limited.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tropicana Field COVID-19 testing site sees high demand ahead of Thanksgiving
- Publix failed to protect employee who died of COVID-19, lawsuit alleges
- International flyers may soon need to get virus vaccinations
- Disney suspends all cruises though Jan. 31
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure