SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota Memorial Hospital has announced two new patients at the hospital have died from coronavirus bringing the total to 7.
To date, 69 patients have tested positive and nine additional staff employees at the hospital have tested positive for COVID-19.
Currently, the hospital is caring for 32 patients who have tested positive for the virus at this time. The hospital has tested more than 840 people since the outbreak began.
The hospital has safely discharged 41 positive patients.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Man uses superhero characters to spread joy amid pandemic
- Over 2,000 cases of coronavirus reported in Florida last two days
- Quarantine cuts number of Florida traffic crashes in half
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- Homeless Florida student to graduate as valedictorian