SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota Memorial Hospital has announced two new patients at the hospital have died from coronavirus bringing the total to 7.
To date, 69 patients have tested positive and nine additional staff employees at the hospital have tested positive for COVID-19.
Currently, the hospital is caring for 32 patients who have tested positive for the virus at this time. The hospital has tested more than 840 people since the outbreak began.
The hospital has safely discharged 41 positive patients.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- LIVE NOW: Teacher union calls on state leaders to address ‘chaos and instability’ in Florida schools
- Hillsborough County to close 3 COVID-19 testing sites due to lack of demand
- ‘We do not believe in them’: Florida bar bans people wearing masks
- EPA approves Pine-Sol to kill coronavirus on surfaces
- Commissioner Fried declines pay raise, asks Gov. DeSantis and other state employees to do same