SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota Memorial Hospital has announced two new patients at the hospital have died from coronavirus bringing the total to 7.
To date, 69 patients have tested positive and nine additional staff employees at the hospital have tested positive for COVID-19.
Currently, the hospital is caring for 32 patients who have tested positive for the virus at this time. The hospital has tested more than 840 people since the outbreak began.
The hospital has safely discharged 41 positive patients.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis: Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration site expanding this week
- Vending machines for COVID-19 self-tests rollout at California airport
- Sarasota healthcare workers claim nursing home isn’t doing enough to protect patients, staff
- Polk County fire captain accused of using paramedic to steal COVID-19 vaccines
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,408 new cases, 160 new deaths