TAMPA (CNN NEWSOURCE/WFLA) – Twitter says it will let some of its staff continue working from home “forever” if they want as long as their role and situation enables them to work from home.
The decision reflects how some measures implemented in response to the coronavirus pandemic could lead to a new normal for corporate America even after the immediate health crisis passes.
Twitter said the experience of working from home for the past few months has shown it can work at scale.
The social media company does not expect to open most of its offices, or support business travel, before September.
Most recently, Facebook and Google had announced its employees will be working from home for the rest of the year amid the pandemic.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Doctor accused of tossing vaccines, giving fake shots to children
- DeSantis aims to expand protections from mask and vaccine mandates
- Tampa got 4th most PPP funds in large US cities, study says
- Long COVID stemmed from mild cases of COVID-19 in most people, according to a new multicountry study
- US will require COVID-19 testing for travelers from China