(CNN) – Trader Joe’s is joining a number of retailers in offering special shopping hours to elderly adults amid concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.
The supermarket is now reserving the first hour of its day for senior citizens.
The company did not give a specific age range for the offer, but it’s generally for adults ages 65 and older.
Trader Joe’s will also have an extra line outside its front door for seniors to provide those customers with a quicker entrance.
A number of stores have added senior hours due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Walgreens is also adding a senior hour on Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The company also says customers 55 and older will receive special discounts on Tuesdays.
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- Cigar City Brewing to release hard seltzer amid bubbly craze
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at the White House
- Mega Millions prize climbs to $1B ahead of Friday’s drawing
- Vaccine registration to open this weekend for seniors in Pinellas County