TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tom Brady is doing his part to help feed families at his new home during the coronavirus pandemic.
The six-time Super Bowl champ who just arrived in Florida, and his wife, supermodel Gisele Bündchen , donated 750,000 meals to Feeding Tampa Bay, the local food bank announced on Facebook.
School closures have had a huge impact on the food bank, which has been working around the clock to provide meals to children who normally eat at school.
They were recently given a boost from The Tampa Bay Rays and Tampa Bay Rowdies, which donated 1 million meals, and Ashley HomeStore, which gave them $250,000 to help feed families.
Brady officially signed his two-year, $50 million deal with the Bucs in March.
Before moving to Tampa Bay, Brady played in nine super bowls with the New England Patriots, winning six of them.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police say
- Today in History – Oct. 16
- Hugh Hefner’s ex says Playboy Mansion had ghosts — and she recognized one of them
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?