(CNN) — Tesla says it is revving up work to help address the shortage of ventilators for COVID-19 patients.
The carmaker released a video Monday showing engineers designing ventilators using car parts.
The engineers say those parts include what’s called a “mixing chamber” from Tesla vehicles, as well as a touchscreen from Tesla’s Model 3 sedan.
The video did not say when the ventilators will be ready for production.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positive nears 8%
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Rate of new home construction rises, creates new opportunities for workers amidst pandemic
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surge past 9 million
- Trump pitches ‘back to normal’ as Biden warns of tough days