TAMPA (WFLA) — Tampa Electric says it is suspending disconnections for non-payment through at least the end of march amid coronavirus concerns.
The electric company says it understands it is a difficult time for some of their customers, considering the spread of coronavirus is affecting jobs.
Duke Energy announced it would no longer disconnect customers’ power over nonpayment Friday.
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- Nurses wanted: Swamped hospitals scramble for pandemic help
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 10,431 new cases, resident deaths surpass 19,000