TAMPA (WFLA) — Tampa Electric says it is suspending disconnections for non-payment through at least the end of march amid coronavirus concerns.
The electric company says it understands it is a difficult time for some of their customers, considering the spread of coronavirus is affecting jobs.
Duke Energy announced it would no longer disconnect customers’ power over nonpayment Friday.
- Pause in Johnson & Johnson shot affecting Tampa Bay vaccine sites
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about J&J’s vaccine and rare clots
- Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl mock anti-vaxxers in new song
- Moderna vaccine remains 90% effective after 6 months, company says
- ‘Nothing short of a nightmare’: Tampa man says he experienced brain fog after COVID-19 diagnosis