TAMPA (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Lightning lit up Amalie Arena blue on Thursday as part of the national #LightItBlue movement in support of everyone on the frontlines fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
The campaign was inspired by the #ClapForOurCareers campaign that brought communities together around the world in the wake of COVID-19.
Over 130 buildings, bridges, and landmarks took part in the UK with many more expected to join in the U.S. in the coming days.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Doctor: Current US coronavirus testing strategy isn’t working
- Gov. DeSantis’ in-person appearances few and far between as COVID-19 cases increase in Florida