TAMPA (NBC) – Many pet owners have realized just how much joy their pet brings to their life after spending the past couple of months quarantined with them.
In fact, a new survey shows that some would choose their four-legged friend over their significant other if they had to stay home again!
According to a new survey by Freshpet, nearly 1,400 adult pet owners were polled and when asked which companion to quarantine with… 44% of women chose their pet!
Over two in five female pet parents said they would pick their cat or dog if there were to be a second lockdown and they could only pick one companion, while nearly half (47%) of men said they would choose their significant other.
The survey also found 83% of Americans overall said that spending time with their pet improved their mood more than spending time with a significant other, and finally over half said they will feel guilty for leaving their pets at home when they have to return to work and away from home.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis to lift restaurant, bar restrictions, but not all establishments on board
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis proposes college ‘bill of rights’ to party
- Florida coronavirus: Tampa Bay surpasses 120,000 total coronavirus cases
- United Airlines, Google to launch trip planning map for coronavirus era
- Mobile manufacturing training helps unemployed get back to work in Tampa Bay