ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – St. Petersburg Fire Rescue will be holding multiple drive-through events to give away reusable cloth face masks to the public.
Citizens will drive through the parking lot to receive their free masks, but walk-up distribution will be available as well.
All attending are encouraged to wear a face covering.
A pack of five reusable masks will be given to each adult and child over the age of 2 per household, with a maximum of eight packs per vehicle.
Masks will be given on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
Residents can pick up masks at one of these events:
- July 20: Willis S. Johns Recreation Center
- 6635 Dr. MLK Jr. Street North
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or while supplies last
- July 22: Northwest Pool
- 2331 60th Street North
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. or while supplies last
The masks were provided to the city’s Office of Emergency Management by the Department of Health and Human Services.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- TGH urges COVID vaccinations, sees trend of younger patients being unvaccinated
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines show likely link between rare heart inflammation in young people, CDC group says
- 153 Texas hospital workers were fired or resigned after refusing COVID vaccine
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- WHO: Children shouldn’t be vaccinated for COVID-19 right now