ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A lifeguard at a St. Petersburg YMCA has tested positive for COVID-19, News Channel 8 has learned.
Despite the employee testing positive for the virus, operations will continue at the e Jim & Heather Gills YMCA, according to a spokesman for the YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg.
“We immediately executed our COVID response protocol and contacted the local health department. We have followed their guidance to continue operations and expand on our enhanced cleaning protocols that were already in place,” the spokesman said.
Staff and program participants were notified of the exposure, the spokesman said.
- Florida coronavirus: 4,098 new cases, 63 new deaths reported Sunday
- Sunshine State dims for Dems amid election losses, cash woes
- States are dropping mask mandates but still urge wearing them – which message will the public follow?
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 4,690 new cases, 98 new deaths
- Florida authorities searching for missing 9-year-old