ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A lifeguard at a St. Petersburg YMCA has tested positive for COVID-19, News Channel 8 has learned.
Despite the employee testing positive for the virus, operations will continue at the e Jim & Heather Gills YMCA, according to a spokesman for the YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg.
“We immediately executed our COVID response protocol and contacted the local health department. We have followed their guidance to continue operations and expand on our enhanced cleaning protocols that were already in place,” the spokesman said.
Staff and program participants were notified of the exposure, the spokesman said.
- President Trump says SCOTUS pick could come as early as next week
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,573 new cases
- Sen. Rick Scott: ‘It would be irresponsible to allow an extended vacancy on the Supreme Court’
- Univ. of Florida administration to vote on canceling March Spring Break
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say