(CNN) – An Illinois woman just celebrated her 100th birthday, but it was a party like she’s never had before.
The family of Helen Hoffman had initially planned a big party but had to cancel it because of COVID-19. That’s when the family and some friends decided they couldn’t let her 100 years of life go uncelebrated.
They put the word out in a church bulletin, decorated cars, and gave Helen the gift of a drive-by party.
Helen spent the time waving to her personal parade and giving them a big smile.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- North Port woman charged with DUI manslaughter in death of pregnant mother of two
- Pinellas brothers accused of scheming elderly victims
- Tampa Police chief said he wrestled with Black officer’s firing over use of racial slur
- Senate Republicans delay vote on COVID-19 relief bill
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Gorgeous Friday, rain chances rise into the weekend