ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Like many others across world, Silas from St. Petersburg can’t celebrate being one year older thanks to the current coronavirus pandemic.
The young boy turned 8 years old on Sunday and while he couldn’t have a traditional birthday party with his friends, his parents made sure it would still be a memorable day.
Silas’ parents changed the doorbell to the Happy Birthday song and posted on the NextDoor app asking people who walked by to stop by and ring the bell.
“No individual thing has been too huge but its made a huge difference for a birthday boy and for a family to just be able to smile and say hey to neighbors all day,” said Zach McNabb, Salis’ dad.
*FULL INTERVIEW WITH ZACH MCNABB IN VIDEO PLAYER BELOW*
All throughout Sunday afternoon, a parade of people stopped by to wish Silas a very Happy Birthday.
- Local families kick off Thanksgiving Day with annual Florida Turkey Trot
- Disney plans to lay off another 4K workers
- Metropolitan Ministries serves thousands of Thanksgiving meals to-go due to pandemic
- CDC considers shortening coronavirus quarantine period
- They’re baaack: Trump and allies still refuse election loss