ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Like many others across world, Silas from St. Petersburg can’t celebrate being one year older thanks to the current coronavirus pandemic.
The young boy turned 8 years old on Sunday and while he couldn’t have a traditional birthday party with his friends, his parents made sure it would still be a memorable day.
Silas’ parents changed the doorbell to the Happy Birthday song and posted on the NextDoor app asking people who walked by to stop by and ring the bell.
“No individual thing has been too huge but its made a huge difference for a birthday boy and for a family to just be able to smile and say hey to neighbors all day,” said Zach McNabb, Salis’ dad.
*FULL INTERVIEW WITH ZACH MCNABB IN VIDEO PLAYER BELOW*
All throughout Sunday afternoon, a parade of people stopped by to wish Silas a very Happy Birthday.
- GOP Leader McCarthy opposes Jan. 6 commission ahead of vote
- Polk tow company owner accused of shooting, killing customer who was picking up impounded car
- Carlie Brucia’s killer given new sentencing hearing
- Newsfeed Now: Investigation underway after train derailment in Iowa; Trap shooter ready to compete in Olympics
- Happy Mouth: the new podcast for foodies