SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – During the coronavirus crisis, it can be tough to get your needed exercise for healthy bodies and minds.
So with sports on standstill, gyms shut down and schools closed, families are doing things differently by getting their boogie on.
Local dance pros at the Fred Astaire Dance Studios are urging families to get off the couch, hop on their feet and dance with them virtually.
The dance studio with six locations around Tampa Bay has created a new online platform offering FREE ballroom dance lessons so folks can point, click and kick up their heels to get moving.
Families in Sarasota are learning the Cha-Cha, Salsa, Shoulder Shimmy or Bolero Basics. There is an option for kids’ classes and for those who are dancing solo right now.
These videos are crafted to let you try something new while giving your mind a little rest.
You’re just a tap away from trying out these dances for yourself.
CLICK HERE to get started or learn more about the Fred Astaire Dance Studio.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- St. Pete protests remain peaceful following night of remembrance for Breonna Taylor and George Floyd
- Protest organizers refuse to let instigators get violent in Tampa
- Joe Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- Florida family of 4 killed following plane crash in Georgia
- Hernando County protests remain peaceful despite counter-protesters