TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The pandemic is keeping people apart, but also bringing entrepreneurs together to collaborate in unique ways.
The 501c3 charity, “Kisses For A Cause” was created by small business owners and entrepreneurs Alexis Fraser, Ingrid Harb, Kim Linton and Kristi Finigan. Their mission was to energize local small businesses, while also helping the community through donations.
Since March, “Kisses For A Cause” has been collecting gift cards, coupons, non-perishables, health and wellness products, and at-home activity projects for families from area business owners.
The items were packaged into care packages and 250 of them were handed out by the “Kisses For A Cause” founders at the Feeding Tampa Bay food pantry in St. Petersburg.
The women encourage other small businesses to join in their efforts. If you’d like to learn more, visit KissesForACause.org.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Hillsborough Co. schools prepare for students return ahead of formal board decision
- Virginia first to use new COVID-19 app from Apple, Google
- From teen immigrant to NASA engineer: How Diana Trujillo is leaving her mark on Mars
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Lutz up for sale
- Doctor documenting all health care workers killed by COVID-19, data no agency is accurately tracking