TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The pandemic is keeping people apart, but also bringing entrepreneurs together to collaborate in unique ways.
The 501c3 charity, “Kisses For A Cause” was created by small business owners and entrepreneurs Alexis Fraser, Ingrid Harb, Kim Linton and Kristi Finigan. Their mission was to energize local small businesses, while also helping the community through donations.
Since March, “Kisses For A Cause” has been collecting gift cards, coupons, non-perishables, health and wellness products, and at-home activity projects for families from area business owners.
The items were packaged into care packages and 250 of them were handed out by the “Kisses For A Cause” founders at the Feeding Tampa Bay food pantry in St. Petersburg.
The women encourage other small businesses to join in their efforts. If you’d like to learn more, visit KissesForACause.org.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Teachers told to offer books ‘opposing’ views on Holocaust
- Florida facing severe staffing shortage at school districts across the state
- Tampa businesses prepare as cruises set sail for first time since start of the pandemic
- Deputy spoke with Armando Caballero before he was suspect in Marcano disappearance, report reveals
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office employee dies after losing control of bicycle, hit by car