(CNN) – Saturday Night Live star Michael Che is mourning the loss of his grandmother who died of the novel coronavirus.
Che revealed his grandmother’s death in a lengthy Instagram post on Monday.
Che said he was hurt and angry that his grandmother battled the disease alone.
“To anybody that has lost someone to the virus, I don’t have to tell you how much it hurts,” Che wrote. “Just know we will make it through this.”
The 36-year-old comedian co-anchors “Weekend Update” on SNL with Colin Jost. The pair also co-hosted the 2018 Emmy’s.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Powerball jackpot now $730M, winning numbers drawn
- Man accused of crushing officer with door during Capitol riot arrested
- St. Petersburg police investigating shooting death
- Hillsborough County seniors prepare to receive COVID-19 vaccine as new vaccine site opens this week
- ‘Come with me if you want to live’: Schwarzenegger gets COVID vaccine, urges others to follow suit