(CNN) – Saturday Night Live star Michael Che is mourning the loss of his grandmother who died of the novel coronavirus.
Che revealed his grandmother’s death in a lengthy Instagram post on Monday.
Che said he was hurt and angry that his grandmother battled the disease alone.
“To anybody that has lost someone to the virus, I don’t have to tell you how much it hurts,” Che wrote. “Just know we will make it through this.”
The 36-year-old comedian co-anchors “Weekend Update” on SNL with Colin Jost. The pair also co-hosted the 2018 Emmy’s.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Still feeling comfortable with low humidity
- Search underway for suspect who shot Walmart store manager in the leg in Bradenton
- Two Bradenton officers under investigation after dog attack, shooting
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- USF RB Johnny Ford says he has another chance to do what he loves this season