TAMPA (WFLA) — The public educational company Scholastic came up with a way to keep kids busy and learning while school closures keep them home during coronavirus pandemic.
Scholastic set up a ‘Learn From Home’ website with four categories: PreK and Kindergarten, Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6+. Each section is already equipped with one week of content for students with 15 additional days on the way.
Each day of content is filled with exciting articles and stories, videos, and fun learning challenges. The students can even go on virtual field trips or meet best-selling authors.
The website provides up to three hours’ worth of content each day and can be completed on any device.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 5,446 new cases, 245 deaths; positivity rate increases
- Hilarious Hamilton parody serves up debate over Cuban sandwiches
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Dr. Fauci lends support for reopening schools, in-person learning
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19