SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota Memorial Hospital has confirmed a second patient has presumptively tested positive for COVID-19.
According to Sarasota Memorial Hospital, the patient is a 67-year-old woman from Manatee County who was admitted to SMH on March 11.
As a precaution, the hospital has asked staff members who may have come into contact with the patient to self-isolate until the hospital can determine their risk of exposure and when they can safely return to work based on the latest CDC guidance.
State health officials are investigating the source of the woman’s infection and will identify others in the community who might have been exposed.
The hospital said on Friday they had sent off 146 samples to be tested for the virus. 85 tests have come back negative, and they are waiting on results from 60 other samples.
LATEST ON CORONAVIRUS
- Attorneys: Arrest of Tampa pastor who led packed services was ‘unconstitutional’
- China reports 1 death and 48 new coronavirus cases, no new domestic cases
- Spring breakers who visited now-closed beaches test positive for COVID-19
- St. Petersburg parks to remain open, for now
- Ford to produce ventilators at parts plant amid pandemic