SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has canceled another popular event in the bay area.
Today in a joint statement the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce and Suncoast Charities for Children have decided to cancel their July 4th Fireworks displays.
Organizers for both displays indicated public safety, social distancing and crowd management played a major role in this difficult decision.
Both organizations hope to bring the displays back next year.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Fauci: Life as we knew it won’t return until ‘many, many months’ into 2021
- UF Health involved in clinical trials for COVID-19 treatment
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s why Pelosi is aiming for a deal right after Election Day
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus