SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has canceled another popular event in the bay area.
Today in a joint statement the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce and Suncoast Charities for Children have decided to cancel their July 4th Fireworks displays.
Organizers for both displays indicated public safety, social distancing and crowd management played a major role in this difficult decision.
Both organizations hope to bring the displays back next year.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Johnson & Johnson’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- 4,000 seniors to get vaccinated in Sarasota over the weekend
- Florida surpasses 1.9M total COVID-19 cases since beginning of pandemic
- Queen Elizabeth II calls vaccine ‘quite harmless’