SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has canceled another popular event in the bay area.
Today in a joint statement the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce and Suncoast Charities for Children have decided to cancel their July 4th Fireworks displays.
Organizers for both displays indicated public safety, social distancing and crowd management played a major role in this difficult decision.
Both organizations hope to bring the displays back next year.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- 2 officers save man who uses wheelchair from car minutes before it bursts into flames
- Volunteers build playground for 6-year-old South Carolina boy with leukemia
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt it’ll happen,’ says National Institute of Mental Health director
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 2,795 new cases, 107 deaths