SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has canceled another popular event in the bay area.
Today in a joint statement the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce and Suncoast Charities for Children have decided to cancel their July 4th Fireworks displays.
Organizers for both displays indicated public safety, social distancing and crowd management played a major role in this difficult decision.
Both organizations hope to bring the displays back next year.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Coronavirus in Florida: Past month in review
- White House bans travel to the US from Brazil
- Where seniors would have walked to graduate, names in chalk
- CCCHS celebrates graduates with drive-through ceremony and parade
- New York Times publishes names of American lives lost to coronavirus