TAMPA (WFLA) – New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Payton said he came forward with his coronavirus diagnosis because he wants all people to heed the warnings of government officials, stay inside, and behave responsibly.
Payton is the first person in the NFL known to test positive for the virus.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,535 new cases, 129 new deaths
- 600 seniors in Hillsborough County get COVID-19 vaccine as part of initiative expansion
- Pasco County COVID-19 vaccine registration opens 2 p.m. Sunday