TAMPA (WFLA) – New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Payton said he came forward with his coronavirus diagnosis because he wants all people to heed the warnings of government officials, stay inside, and behave responsibly.
Payton is the first person in the NFL known to test positive for the virus.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa restaurant holds off on changes as Florida enters Phase Three
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- After months unpaid, 8 On Your Side helps homeless Tampa man receive unemployment benefits
- 90-year-old Temple Terrace man hits hole-in-one
- COVID-19 & blood clots: Lakeland medical centers participate in nationwide trial