TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – SunCoast Blood Centers is making an urgent call for potential donors.
The center says its in desperate need of convalescent plasma and is seeking donors.
Convalescent plasma comes from patients who have covered from COVID-19. It is used to treat infections and may be beneficial for treating the virus. SunCoast said it only has enough convalescent plasma for 22 treatments.
If you’ve recovered from COVID-19 and wish to donate, visit Suncoast’s website.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Staying breezy to start the new week
- Report: Carole Baskin to get new show about animal exploitation
- Tampa Bay rescue team helps save 30 Panhandle residents from floodwater
- Survivor writes free ‘how-to’ guide on beating brain cancer
- Soldier surprises kids with early homecoming at school