TAMPA (WFLA) — A drive-through coronavirus testing site has been established at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa and will open Wednesday morning.
Residents are required to be pre-screened, pre-registered and meet testing guidelines set by the CDC and Florida Dept. of Health before showing up to get tested. To pre-register, call the Hillsborough County Customer Service Center at 813-272-5900.
The drive-through site will help speed up testing for COVID-19 in Hillsborough County, which has seen 91 positive cases of the virus as of Tuesday.
The testing site will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. or while supplies last.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
The site is located in the parking lot of the stadium bordered by Tom McEwen Boulevard on the north, Dale Mabry Highway to the west and Himes Avenue to the east.
Approximately 200 tests are expected to be completed each day.
You must arrive in a personal vehicle and bring a photo ID with name and date of birth.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Average gas price may hit $4 per gallon in 2022: Here’s when
- ‘I’m so sorry’: Adele to reschedule Las Vegas shows as COVID delays production
- COVID-19 survivor donates to front line workers after hospitalization
- Is an end to the COVID pandemic in sight? Dr. Anthony Fauci weighs in
- Temporary COVID-19 care clinic opens at Lakeland Regional Health