TAMPA (WFLA) – Despite Governor Ron DeSantis’ rollback of coronavirus restrictions, Publix Super Markets says it is not making any changes to its current COVID-19 safety policies.
In a statement to WFLA on Wednesday, a Publix spokesperson said, “We have made no changes to our current policies in light of the Phase 3 announcement.”
Last Friday, Gov. Ron DeSantis lifted all restrictions on restaurants and other businesses in Florida, and banned local fines against people who refuse to wear masks as he seeks to reopen the state’s economy despite the spread of the coronavirus.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa woman keeps promise to give back to community after overcoming homelessness
- COVID-19 survivor walks out of rehab after being pronounced brain dead
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Here’s what 2020 did to the list of most popular baby names
- EXCLUSIVE: Gasparilla Distance Classic still expects to be in-person in 2021