TAMPA (WFLA) – Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Polk Co. school superintendent stays the course, as board members disagree on reopening plans
- Survey: 44% of women would pick quarantine with pets over significant other
- 21-year-old Florida man recovers from organ failure after mild COVID-19 symptoms
- Clorox making 1 million packages of wipes per day amid shortage during pandemic
- ‘We want you guys to play’: Gov. DeSantis voices support for college athletes looking to play amid pandemic