TAMPA (WFLA) – Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states
- Largo nurse paralyzed from COVID-19 complications to return home after months in Massachusetts hospital
- Publix vaccine appointments fully booked for counties in Tampa Bay
- Global shares rise on hopes for US stimulus package
- Shipments of Johnson & Johnson vaccine go out around the country