TAMPA (WFLA) – Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Disney cancels all cruises until at least March
- ‘No way did we ever dream of this’: 4 Oklahoma siblings die of COVID-19 in less than 3 weeks
- WWII veteran beats COVID-19, marks 104th birthday
- US hiring slows sharply to 245,000 jobs as virus intensifies
- Americans couldn’t resist Thanksgiving travel, data shows