TAMPA (WFLA) – Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Gov. DeSantis clarifies executive orders’ impact on masks in upcoming school year
- Tampa Bay farmers waiting for federal loan irked after millions given to phony farms
- Cruises one step closer to full sail as CDC allows test cruises with volunteer passengers
- FEMA vaccine site at Tampa Greyhound Track will close by end of May
- ‘Enough is enough’: Mom says kids isolated in class for not wearing masks