TAMPA (WFLA) – Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- Drive-through testing site reopens at Raymond James Stadium
- Costco, Home Depot now limiting number of customers permitted in stores
- Grammy-winner Lizzo buys lunch for hospital workers
- US warship captain seeks crew isolation as virus spreads