TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Publix Super Markets is enforcing purchase limits on certain cleaning products due to high demand, according to the supermarket chain.
This announcement comes after an increase in health concerns over coronavirus.
According to Maria Brous, the director of communications for Publix, customers are now limited to buying two of the following items:
- Hand soaps & sanitizers
- Rubbing alcohol
- Facial masks & gloves
- Disinfectant wipes and sprays
- Aerosol disinfectant sprays
- Facial tissue
Brous did not state how long the limits will be in place.
As of Sunday evening, two Floridians have died from coronavirus and 280 people are currently being monitored by the Florida Health Department.
For the latest on WFLA’s coronavirus coverage, click here.
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021
- Tampa man now homeless due to unemployment system failures
- Second stimulus checks: Lawmakers leave for weekend without deal in sight
- Newly reopened Polk Museum of Art offers escape from COVID-19 stress
- St. Pete coronavirus vigil honors lives lost, shares controversial message