HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Publix Pharmacy reopened its COVID-19 online vaccine registration system for locations in Hernando County, but the system was overwhelmed with customers shortly after going live Friday. By 7:45 a.m., appointments were fully booked.
Publix will administer vaccines by appointment only at seven stores in Hernando County. The stores are:
- Brooksville Square 19390 Cortez Boulevard in Brooksville
- Publix at Seven Hills 160 Mariner Boulevard in Spring Hill
- Lakewood Plaza 4365 Commercial Way in Spring Hill
- Publix at Barclay 14371 Spring Hill Drive in Spring Hill
- Mariner Commons 4158 Mariner Boulevard in Spring Hill
- Shops at Avalon 13455 County Line Road in Spring Hill
- The Shoppes at Glen Lakes 9595 Commercial Way in Weeki Wachee
The online scheduling portal (publix.com/covidvaccine/florida) is the only way to register for the vaccine.
Publix has partnered with the state of Florida to provide coronavirus vaccines to the state’s elderly population. More than 240 pharmacies in 15 counties have begun offering doses to those over 65. Gov. Ron DeSantis said nearly 700,000 older adults have been vaccinated since the rollout began.