(WESH)—President Donald Trump will not be traveling to Central Florida on Friday after both he and First Lady Melania tested positive for COVID-19.
Trump has canceled plans to attend a fundraiser and to fly to Sanford for a rally on Friday, but he did keep on his schedule a previously planned midday telephone call “on COVID-19 support to vulnerable seniors.”
Trump had been slated to appear at a rally at the Orlando-Sanford International Airport on Friday. Thursday, 24 hours before the event, his supporters began lining up.
Seminole County officials said they’d been expecting a crowd of 15,000 to 20,000 for the event.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of TIME Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- 40-foot tall leg lamp from ‘A Christmas Story’ stands in Oklahoma in ‘indescribably beautiful’ glory
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments