ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot by his stepfather during a fight that may have been related to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports 42-year-old Bernie Hargrove was charged Thursday morning with felony murder in the death of De’onte Roberts.
Police say the teen defied his mother and stepfather’s orders to stay home.
Roberts later returned home and kicked in the door. A fight broke out between Hargrove and Roberts.
Police say Hargrove shot Roberts multiple times. The teen was pronounced dead at a hospital. Hargrove has been booked in the Fulton County Jail.
- Raptors’ virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Oldsmar country club
- Cuomo asks state AG to investigate sexual harassment allegations against him
- Crowds rush Clearwater Beach for the first unofficial day of Spring Break
- Nigerian families await news of 300 kidnapped schoolgirls