TAMPA (WFLA) — The Florida Dept. of Health said the Center for Disease Control has not received any reports of any pets or animals contracting or spreading the coronavirus.
While the report is sure to put American pet owners at ease, FDOH still urges the public to wash hands after touching an animal.
As of Sunday, Florida has seen 763 human cases of COVID-19.
- Sarasota, Manatee counties to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 1.6 million cases, 454 new hospitalizations
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- New CDC director takes over beleaguered agency amid crisis
- 103-year-old man who lived through Spanish flu, polio outbreak gets COVID-19 vaccine