TAMPA (NBC) – A Nevada man is behind bars after allegedly stealing hundreds of surgical masks from the Veterans’ Affairs Medical Center in Reno.
Authorities say this man, 35-year-old Peter Lucas stole at least four boxes of surgical masks from supply carts at the vet center in Reno.
Police say surveillance cameras captured Lucas hiding the boxes under his jacket before leaving the hospital.
Authorities say each box contained 50 masks.
Lucas is charged with one count of theft of health care property.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Mediation ends at an impasse
- CDC investigating heart inflammation following COVID-19 vaccine
- Disney World now only requiring masks on park transportation
- Alaska cruise law may affect Florida lawsuit against CDC