DETROIT, Mi. (CNN) — Healthcare workers are risking their lives to care for patients infected with the novel coronavirus.
So, a man in Detroit wanted to do something nice for them.
Allen Marshall had been saving up for something he wanted for himself, according to CNN. Instead, he decided to buy gas for nurses this week.
“I just love them, and I want them to know that,” said Marshall.
“I think this is the greatest thing they can do for these nurses cause these is all we got, man,” another individual told WDIV.
Michigan has one of the worst outbreaks of COVID-19 in the country.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Rate of new home construction rises, creates new opportunities for workers amidst pandemic
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surge past 9 million
- Trump pitches ‘back to normal’ as Biden warns of tough days
- Lakeland hospitals prepare for possible COVID-19 surge, vaccination distribution