DETROIT, Mi. (CNN) — Healthcare workers are risking their lives to care for patients infected with the novel coronavirus.
So, a man in Detroit wanted to do something nice for them.
Allen Marshall had been saving up for something he wanted for himself, according to CNN. Instead, he decided to buy gas for nurses this week.
“I just love them, and I want them to know that,” said Marshall.
“I think this is the greatest thing they can do for these nurses cause these is all we got, man,” another individual told WDIV.
Michigan has one of the worst outbreaks of COVID-19 in the country.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,535 new cases, 129 new deaths
- 600 seniors in Hillsborough County get COVID-19 vaccine as part of initiative expansion