POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Actor Mark Wahlberg is aiding students and teachers across the nation in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, including those in Lakeland.
Wahlberg’s activewear brand Performance Inspired recently partnered with the active lifestyle brand LifeToGo to donate 1.3 million disposable face masks to teachers and students across the nation, as announced in a press release.
Some areas have already received the donated 3-ply masks, including some students and teachers in Lakeland, the release said.
Other places where donated masks have been received include Bentonville (AR), Boise (ID), Chicago (Ill.), Cincinnati (Ohio), Grand Rapids (MI), Minneapolis (MN), Portland (OR), Quincy (MA), Rochester (NY), Salisbury (NC), San Antonio (TX) and Woonsocket (RI).
Wahlberg posted a video message on social media thanking essential workers and teachers as they combat the pandemic.
“This has been a year of change and stress for everybody. But today, I want to thank our essential workers. You guys have kept us healthy, safe and supplied us with all of the necessities,” Wahlberg said in the video. “Every day brings a new challenge but we continue to pray for you and your families. And, please know your efforts are much appreciated.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Variant strain of COVID-19 detected in Hillsborough County, infectious disease doctor says
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 12,311 new cases; total hospitalizations surpass 70K
- California mom describes allergic reaction to Moderna vaccine