POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Actor Mark Wahlberg is aiding students and teachers across the nation in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, including those in Lakeland.
Wahlberg’s activewear brand Performance Inspired recently partnered with the active lifestyle brand LifeToGo to donate 1.3 million disposable face masks to teachers and students across the nation, as announced in a press release.
Some areas have already received the donated 3-ply masks, including some students and teachers in Lakeland, the release said.
Other places where donated masks have been received include Bentonville (AR), Boise (ID), Chicago (Ill.), Cincinnati (Ohio), Grand Rapids (MI), Minneapolis (MN), Portland (OR), Quincy (MA), Rochester (NY), Salisbury (NC), San Antonio (TX) and Woonsocket (RI).
Wahlberg posted a video message on social media thanking essential workers and teachers as they combat the pandemic.
“This has been a year of change and stress for everybody. But today, I want to thank our essential workers. You guys have kept us healthy, safe and supplied us with all of the necessities,” Wahlberg said in the video. “Every day brings a new challenge but we continue to pray for you and your families. And, please know your efforts are much appreciated.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Pasco County COVID-19 patient opens up about lingering symptoms after the virus
- Florida firefighter suspended for partying after testing positive for COVID-19
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Delta bans nearly 500 passengers from taking flights for refusing to wear masks
- Stocks have their worst day in a month as virus cases surge