POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Actor Mark Wahlberg is aiding students and teachers across the nation in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, including those in Lakeland.
Wahlberg’s activewear brand Performance Inspired recently partnered with the active lifestyle brand LifeToGo to donate 1.3 million disposable face masks to teachers and students across the nation, as announced in a press release.
Some areas have already received the donated 3-ply masks, including some students and teachers in Lakeland, the release said.
Other places where donated masks have been received include Bentonville (AR), Boise (ID), Chicago (Ill.), Cincinnati (Ohio), Grand Rapids (MI), Minneapolis (MN), Portland (OR), Quincy (MA), Rochester (NY), Salisbury (NC), San Antonio (TX) and Woonsocket (RI).
Wahlberg posted a video message on social media thanking essential workers and teachers as they combat the pandemic.
“This has been a year of change and stress for everybody. But today, I want to thank our essential workers. You guys have kept us healthy, safe and supplied us with all of the necessities,” Wahlberg said in the video. “Every day brings a new challenge but we continue to pray for you and your families. And, please know your efforts are much appreciated.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Country’s largest supermarket operator to continue requiring masks following new CDC guidance
- What Tampa Bay residents need to know about new mask-free CDC guidelines
- People ready to ditch masks at Tampa Bay restaurants, owners say hold up
- Do young kids still need to wear masks if their parents are vaccinated?
- Yankees’ Torres positive for COVID despite being vaccinated