MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy has tested positive for coronavirus following a vacation he took in the Orlando area for several days last week.
According to a sheriff’s spokesperson, once the deputy got back to Manatee County he started showing mild symptoms, and he decided to get tested on March 21 and his results came back positive on March 23.
Now seven other deputies, including his wife, are in self-isolation because of their exposure, although none of them have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, according to the sheriff’s office.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- High court blocks NY coronavirus limits on houses of worship
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say
- Thanksgiving Eve not as brisk for business in St. Petersburg in 2020
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments