MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy has tested positive for coronavirus following a vacation he took in the Orlando area for several days last week.
According to a sheriff’s spokesperson, once the deputy got back to Manatee County he started showing mild symptoms, and he decided to get tested on March 21 and his results came back positive on March 23.
Now seven other deputies, including his wife, are in self-isolation because of their exposure, although none of them have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, according to the sheriff’s office.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Hillsborough school board to discuss next year’s mask policy at Tuesday meeting
- Actor Ricky Schroder apologizes after confronting Costco employee over mask policy
- Kansas man says 2nd Pfizer shot left him with rare, temporary paralysis
- Florida employers can require COVID-19 vaccine but can’t ask for proof
- Florida Gators to allow full capacity in ‘The Swamp’ this fall