TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The 6th Air Refueling Wing at MacDill Air Force Base has received doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and is already putting shots in the arms of personnel.
The vaccine, which arrived in Tampa last week, is being offered in a phased approach in accordance with Department of Defense U.S. Department of Defense distribution plans, according to a Facebook post.
The first doses are being distributed to MacDill employees within Phase 1- Tier 1, which includes medical personnel, security forces and the fire department. After the initial rollout, vaccines will be distributed to personnel preparing to deploy outside the U.S.
The base plans to open a phone line for other employees to make vaccine appointments once the first round has been distributed. Getting vaccinated is voluntary.
Those with questions can call 813-827-1918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Hillsborough County to resume giving seniors COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow
- Sarasota, Manatee counties to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 1.6 million cases, 454 new hospitalizations
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- New CDC director takes over beleaguered agency amid crisis