TAMPA (WFLA) — The home improvement hardware store Lowe’s announced Tuesday that all stores and distribution centers in the United States and Canada will be closed on Easter Sunday.
CEO Marvin Ellison said the company wants to give their employees a “much-deserved day off” to spend their holiday with families and loved ones and “recharge.”
“We will take steps to ensure that no hourly associate loses scheduled hours or has a reduction in pay as a result of closing on Sunday,” Ellison said. “I want to personally thank our 300,000 associates who have helped families stay safely at home. Their actions are nothing short of heroic.”
To read more on the announcement, click here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Confirmed coronavirus cases are rising in 40 of 50 states
- 11-year-old Florida boy dies of coronavirus, state data shows
- Rep. Greg Steube doesn’t think Florida’s increasing coronavirus numbers are ‘entirely accurate’
- Miami-Dade County mayor issues countywide curfew amid rising coronavirus cases