TAMPA (WFLA) — The home improvement hardware store Lowe’s announced Tuesday that all stores and distribution centers in the United States and Canada will be closed on Easter Sunday.
CEO Marvin Ellison said the company wants to give their employees a “much-deserved day off” to spend their holiday with families and loved ones and “recharge.”
“We will take steps to ensure that no hourly associate loses scheduled hours or has a reduction in pay as a result of closing on Sunday,” Ellison said. “I want to personally thank our 300,000 associates who have helped families stay safely at home. Their actions are nothing short of heroic.”
To read more on the announcement, click here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- CDC to extend no-sail order through Oct. 31
- Manatee County families impacted by COVID-19 feel county leaders were too quick to rescind mask mandate
- Governor DeSantis to allow state eviction moratorium to expire on Oct. 1
- Stimulus check update: Pelosi, Mnuchin do not reach agreement
- Florida State Univ. cancels Spring Break, shortens spring semester by week