TAMPA (WFLA) — The home improvement hardware store Lowe’s announced Tuesday that all stores and distribution centers in the United States and Canada will be closed on Easter Sunday.
CEO Marvin Ellison said the company wants to give their employees a “much-deserved day off” to spend their holiday with families and loved ones and “recharge.”
“We will take steps to ensure that no hourly associate loses scheduled hours or has a reduction in pay as a result of closing on Sunday,” Ellison said. “I want to personally thank our 300,000 associates who have helped families stay safely at home. Their actions are nothing short of heroic.”
To read more on the announcement, click here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Delta will require new hires to be vaccinated against virus
- Country’s largest supermarket operator to continue requiring masks following new CDC guidance
- What Tampa Bay residents need to know about new mask-free CDC guidelines
- People ready to ditch masks at Tampa Bay restaurants, owners say hold up
- Do young kids still need to wear masks if their parents are vaccinated?