LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A group of senior residents in Largo gather together amid social distancing to connect with a rendition of “God Bless America” each night at 6:30 p.m. amid the coronavirus pandemic.
An employee of the senior living center sent 8 On Your Side an amazing video of their song on Monday.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
The employee said the seniors “sign off” by saying “Good night, John Boy.”
The senior center said they are doing “all [they] can to keep our residents engaged and connected, while practicing social distancing.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- CDC investigating woman’s death after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- St. Petersburg businesses fighting city over mask fines
- Young and healthy? Here’s why experts say you should still get the COVID-19 vaccine
- First Tampa Bay parade taking place this weekend since pandemic, organizers say safety is a top priority
- ‘Oasis of Freedom’: Gov. DeSantis touts Florida ahead of full capacity UFC event in Jacksonville