LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A group of senior residents in Largo gather together amid social distancing to connect with a rendition of “God Bless America” each night at 6:30 p.m. amid the coronavirus pandemic.
An employee of the senior living center sent 8 On Your Side an amazing video of their song on Monday.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
The employee said the seniors “sign off” by saying “Good night, John Boy.”
The senior center said they are doing “all [they] can to keep our residents engaged and connected, while practicing social distancing.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis: Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration site expanding this week
- Vending machines for COVID-19 self-tests rollout at California airport
- Sarasota healthcare workers claim nursing home isn’t doing enough to protect patients, staff
- Polk County fire captain accused of using paramedic to steal COVID-19 vaccines
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,408 new cases, 160 new deaths