(CNN) – Social distancing apparently has fewer people reaching for the deodorant and more people reaching for ice cream. That’s according to the consumer goods company, Unilever.
On Thursday, the company said there has been a drop in demand for personal care items.
Brands like Dove soap and Axe deodorant say that lockdowns have led to a decline in sales.
At the same time, ice cream brands, such as Breyer’s, Ben and Jerry’s and Magnum, saw their sales increase.
Unilever says consumers are also eating more soups and using more meal kits and mayonnaise.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Tampa Bay takes part in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- LIVE: Gov. DeSantis makes environmental announcement on Earth Day
- Turtle crashes through windshield in Florida, hits passenger in head
- Burning Man mulling mandatory COVID-19 vaccines for August
- Biden opening summit with ambitious new US climate pledge