(CNN) – Social distancing apparently has fewer people reaching for the deodorant and more people reaching for ice cream. That’s according to the consumer goods company, Unilever.
On Thursday, the company said there has been a drop in demand for personal care items.
Brands like Dove soap and Axe deodorant say that lockdowns have led to a decline in sales.
At the same time, ice cream brands, such as Breyer’s, Ben and Jerry’s and Magnum, saw their sales increase.
Unilever says consumers are also eating more soups and using more meal kits and mayonnaise.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Man shot, killed after altercation in Valrico, deputies say
- Florida man accused of sex abuse at home day care center
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Teen receives $1.3 million in scholarship offers
- Family says hero brother saved 9-year-old after man grabbed, tried to ‘drag’ boy out of corn maze