HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County has issued a plea for medical supply donations that can be used to help fight the spread of COVID-19.
Medical schools, dental clinics, elective surgery centers, private vendors, residents and others are asked to donated impervious gowns, face shields, surgical masks, N95 masks, Tyvek suits and exam gloves.
The equipment must be medical grade personal protection equipment (PPE) and new in the box or unused.
All sizes are needed.
Donations will be used locally in hospitals, nursing centers, assisted living facilities and other areas of need.
Donations can be dropped off at 250 Westshore Plaza in Tampa. Donations will be accepted Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. starting Wednesday.
Collection of donations will conclude April 3.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Parents, neighbors surprise 8-year-old boy with non-traditional birthday celebration in St. Pete
- Pizzeria borrows to keep workers on job, spurs meal donations to medical workers, first responders
- Deputies: Tampa Bay church violates social distancing guidelines
- NASA AT HOME: Even in self-isolation, the universe can be yours
- Delta offers free flights to medical professionals