DAYTON, Ohio (WJW)– Singer and songwriter Lizzo is doing her part to help out during the coronavirus crisis.
The three-time Grammy award-winner bought lunch for health care workers at various hospitals across the country, including Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and UW Medical Center in Seattle.
Lizzo also picked up the tab on food for the team at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton.
“I just wanted to say thank you, a thousand times thank you, for all of the hard work you guys have been doing during this pandemic,” Lizzo said in a video sent to Kettering Health. “We are thinking of you, we are praying for you every day.”
She ended the clipped by singing, “Know that I love you.”
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade to march on despite pandemic
- Thanksgiving eve not as brisk for business in St. Petersburg in 2020
- Land O’ Lakes man charged in fatal 2019 Christmas Eve crash that killed 3 women
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of TIME Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Despite pleas from health officials, AAA expects 50 million to travel this Thanksgiving