DAYTON, Ohio (WJW)– Singer and songwriter Lizzo is doing her part to help out during the coronavirus crisis.
The three-time Grammy award-winner bought lunch for health care workers at various hospitals across the country, including Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and UW Medical Center in Seattle.
Lizzo also picked up the tab on food for the team at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton.
“I just wanted to say thank you, a thousand times thank you, for all of the hard work you guys have been doing during this pandemic,” Lizzo said in a video sent to Kettering Health. “We are thinking of you, we are praying for you every day.”
She ended the clipped by singing, “Know that I love you.”
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Showers/storms likely Memorial Day weekend
- Child found dead in suitcase died from gastroenteritis, autopsy says
- Manatee County deputies find heavily decomposed bodies during welfare check
- Carbon dioxide reaches another milestone, continues to impact climate
- VIDEO: Officer runs after runaway car as driver has medical episode