TAMPA (WFLA) – Gov. Ron DeSantis is in Washington Tuesday meeting with President Donald Trump about the coronavirus.
The governor and president met in the Oval Office Tuesday to talk about Florida’s response to the coronavirus.
According to NBC News White House Correspondent Geoff Bennett, the president also plans to deliver remarks on “supporting small businesses” in the Rose Garden at 3 p.m.
Noticeably not on the president’s schedule is a White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing.
President Trump had recently suggested the briefings are “Not worth the time and effort.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine may be needed to protect against variants, Tampa doctor says
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- CDC: Just 5,800 people have gotten COVID after being vaccinated
- Florida education commissioner asks school districts to make face masks voluntary for upcoming school year