SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Gov. Ron DeSantis is expected to speak about coronavirus in Florida during a visit to a Sarasota testing site on Tuesday.
The governor will visit the testing site at University Town Center with Division of Emergency Management Director Jared Moskowitz and Florida National Guard Adjutant General James Eifert.
DeSantis is scheduled to begin his news conference at 11:30 a.m.
The testing site is on the Manatee-Sarasota County line. The two counties lead Tampa Bay in COVID-19 deaths. Manatee County has 59 deaths, and Sarasota has 47 deaths as of May 4, according to the health department’s website.
Health officials say testing is key to fighting the coronavirus pandemic and reopening the state successfully.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- FSU coach Norvell tests positive for coronavirus before Miami game
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,573 new cases
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021