TAMPA (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis held a news conference on COVID-19 Sunday afternoon in Pensacola following a record weekend of cases.
DeSantis spoke about the increase in cases at Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital. He continued to urge Floridians to social distance when out in public.
The highest single-day case count of COVID-19 was reported in Florida Saturday. According to the report, over 9,500 new cases were discovered. It was also the state’s greatest testing day, with over 78,345 tests counted.
The state added another 8,530 cases Sunday.
Watch the governor’s press conference in the video player above.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis: Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration site expanding this week
- Vending machines for COVID-19 self-tests rollout at California airport
- Sarasota healthcare workers claim nursing home isn’t doing enough to protect patients, staff
- Polk County fire captain accused of using paramedic to steal COVID-19 vaccines
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,408 new cases, 160 new deaths