TAMPA (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis held a news conference on COVID-19 Sunday afternoon in Pensacola following a record weekend of cases.
DeSantis spoke about the increase in cases at Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital. He continued to urge Floridians to social distance when out in public.
The highest single-day case count of COVID-19 was reported in Florida Saturday. According to the report, over 9,500 new cases were discovered. It was also the state’s greatest testing day, with over 78,345 tests counted.
The state added another 8,530 cases Sunday.
Watch the governor’s press conference in the video player above.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Gov. DeWine tests negative for coronavirus after earlier positive test
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID-19 aid talks at risk of collapse
- Gov. DeSantis pushes to reschedule UF-FSU football game
- DeSantis announces task force for re-opening long-term care facilities
- Firm under investigation for Florida unemployment failures lands new $110M contract with state