TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Gov. Ron DeSantis is pushing to get the annual football game between Florida State and the University of Florida rescheduled.
DeSantis said Thursday that keeping the famed rivalry going will be good for the state. The two schools have played each other every year since 1958.
But Florida State is in the Atlantic Coast Conference and Florida is in the Southeastern Conference.
The ACC and SEC are limiting teams to an in-conference schedule only. DeSantis says he’s going to work on keeping the rivalry going over the next few weeks.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis to lift restaurant, bar restrictions, but not all establishments on board
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis proposes college ‘bill of rights’ to party
- Florida coronavirus: Tampa Bay surpasses 120,000 total coronavirus cases
- United Airlines, Google to launch trip planning map for coronavirus era
- Mobile manufacturing training helps unemployed get back to work in Tampa Bay