MUNDAY, Texas — A 10-year-old Texas girl who made national headlines after she hand sewed masks for hospital workers has died in an ATV accident.
Lexi Collins was killed on Friday, according to KTXS.
Collins spent hours sewing approximately 100 masks for healthcare workers in her community and the surrounding areas.
She was inspired to do this as her mother, grandmother, aunt and uncle were all nurses.
“Lexi was a remarkable child. She was bright, talented, wise beyond her years, but overall had the most precious spirit I’ve ever know,” Karen Logan, a councilwoman in Lexi’s home city of Munday, told the news outlet. “She was always smiling.”
Her funeral was Monday. According to her obituary, those in attendance were required to wear masks and to practice social distancing.
- Lightning beat Stars 3-2 in Game 2, get even in Stanley Cup
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Laura storm surge
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- Florida decision likely clears Patriots owner of soliciting sex
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee