TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Geico will offer customers a credit upon their policy renewals amid the coronavirus pandemic.
8 On Your Side confirmed the information through the Geico Service Team Twitter account.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
In a reply to a customer asking about car insurance refund discounts on premiums, something Allstate has already confirmed it is doing, the service team said it will be doing something as well.
Geico will be crediting customer policies 15 percent at their next renewal.
“We understand your concerns and appreciate your continued loyalty as a GEICO customer. Due to the impacts of COVID-19 on our customers, we will be crediting policies 15% at their next renewal. This is an automatic adjustment and no further action is required on your end,” the Tweet reads.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis: Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration site expanding this week
- Vending machines for COVID-19 self-tests rollout at California airport
- Sarasota healthcare workers claim nursing home isn’t doing enough to protect patients, staff
- Polk County fire captain accused of using paramedic to steal COVID-19 vaccines
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,408 new cases, 160 new deaths