TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Geico will offer customers a credit upon their policy renewals amid the coronavirus pandemic.
8 On Your Side confirmed the information through the Geico Service Team Twitter account.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 47,471 cases and 2,069 deaths
- Florida K-12 schools will remain online/distance learning through the end of the school year
- Florida in Phase One of reopening
- Travelers from NY tri-state area and New Orleans coming to Florida must quarantine for 14 days
In a reply to a customer asking about car insurance refund discounts on premiums, something Allstate has already confirmed it is doing, the service team said it will be doing something as well.
Geico will be crediting customer policies 15 percent at their next renewal.
“We understand your concerns and appreciate your continued loyalty as a GEICO customer. Due to the impacts of COVID-19 on our customers, we will be crediting policies 15% at their next renewal. This is an automatic adjustment and no further action is required on your end,” the Tweet reads.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa Bay nursing home residents dealing with isolation during pandemic
- Florida unemployment claims continue to climb as US adds 2.5M jobs in May
- Phase Two promising for Florida’s tourism economy
- Florida sees record increase in coronavirus cases, millennials make up most Hillsborough cases
- Safari Wilderness Ranch provides families with up-close exotic animal experience from car in Lakeland